RSS Reader

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

AC has two ways to pay writers. You can either be paid upfront or you can be paid for every time a person checks out an article. At first, the site only offered upfront payments for an article. AC will either offer writers assignments or writers can come up with something to write about on their own.

Sometimes, the assignments can be a little tricky. Take the news assignments for instance. You have to follow certain guidelines in order to adhere to rules or laws. You can't just go plagarizing someone else's news article. You can't just go make up stuff that somebody said or did. This isn't the tabloids. The news section of Associated Content is as factual as it can get.

The only problem I have with the news section of AC is that I have an imagination and a voice to express myself. If I can't stretch my imagination or tell my readers how I feel about a certain subject, I might as well give up writing completely.

You can write stories or poems on AC. But you will not be paid for either, unfortunately. It's got to do with being helpful or just being creative. I really don't know why. I'm not much of a poet, but I certainly love to write stories. I just don't have the time to write a long story to post on AC.

The assignments given by Associated Content are usually a reflection of all things popular on the net or something new that's just waiting to be written about. There's assignments on politics or the newest Harry Potter or whatever. It ranges from time to time. If you feel like you can't write about any of the assignments, no one is twisting your arm.

I just don't like how the assignments can be so limited at times. Why do we have to pick and choose from topics on one given thing at a time? There's also a weird feeling of uncertainty that washes over you. If you submit something that you want to write about for upfront payment, will they actually accept it and pay you or will they tell you to go blow? This does not help a writer. If you can't expand your mind because you're thinking too much about the reaction to your piece, you can't write.

All I can say is to any writer who might be interested in joining Ac is don't let anything preoccupy you. Don't think too much on anything but the article you want to write. And, of course, you have to enjoy yourself or none of it is worth it.

No comments: